Re: [PARPORT] SparQ problems

Patrick Bauer (bauerp@niagara.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 17:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

I have a SparQ 1.0 GB... and it too sometimes hangs the system... with a
2.1.101 kernel... i didn't comment out the SMP in the makefile... but u
know how a SparQ powers down after u don't uses it for a certain amount of
time... well... while it's powered down... i would go into the directory
it's mounted in... do an ls -a -l... and this would of course power it
back on... and then the system hangs... and i have to do a
power-on-reset... i am not sure if it is the bios that powers down the
SparQ after a period of inactivity... or if the SparQ does this by
itself..

Pat.