[PARPORT] Re: two comments

Bill Eldridge (bill@rfa.org)
Mon, 18 May 1998 12:05:30 -0400

Money talks and quality talks.
We have a very productive relationship
with our vendors, who we know have
to make money survive, but we also
provide innovative feedback on their
products to help make them stronger.

Just this morning, I was passing on
info on the new Samba code to allow
proper PDC & other features (to be
released around end of summer), so
that will be integrated into this company's
network paradigm. They dislike Microsoft
as much as the next guy, but they need a
viable, stable and cost-effective alternative.

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia

-----Original Message----- From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy@gwyn.tux.org> To: wood ellis <woodswrk@erols.com> Cc: dc-linux@tux.org <dc-linux@tux.org>; linux-parport@torque.net <linux-parport@torque.net> Date: Monday, May 18, 1998 11:46 AM Subject: Re: two comments

> Two comments for dclinuxers and driver-writers everywhere: .... > 2. The linuxers-of-the-world are suffuciently numerous today to exercise > more influence on manufacturers of peripherals. ... > ... Question: How in the world can we > go about the job of exercising influence on thie situation? Think of the > amount of time and trouble we could save ourselves!

Old saw, that we all hate: Money talks. If we spend more money that the mfrs can see, they will invest in what we want.

Bill has more $$$ than I do; anyone else? ;-)

Joe Yao jsdy@tux.org - Joseph S. D. Yao