Re: [PARPORT] SparQ problems

Ximenes Rocha Resende (ximenes@cv-2-8.campusview.indiana.edu)
Fri, 29 May 1998 17:11:44 +0000 (UTC)

Here I am again... Well, still trying to have SparQ working in my system.
I can load paride,epat(port 0x378 mode 5) and pd and have them read the
content of my disk. The problem is when it comes to writing it. After a
while the kernel flushes the message

pda:do_pd_write_drq:state = 0x10050 = SEEK READY TMO

continouslly. Trying to "debug" the drivers' source code I figured out that
the problem appears to happen within the "while" loop at "pd_wait_for"
the driver's code...

If somebody has SparQ running ok with paride 0.94, please send me a message
saying so. I need to be sure that the driver's has no bug. I'm beginning to
suspect that my hardware has problems (despite the fact that Sparq didn't
show any problem under WinNT yet!). Thanks, Ximenes.

PS: My system is not hanging as I thought before. It' just extremely slow
because it's going through the loop in "pd_wait_for", processing sector by
sector slowly...

XIMENES ROCHA RESENDE
Department of Physics Swain Hall West 117
Indiana University Bloomington IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-3152 Fax: (812) 855-5533
http://cv-2-8.campusview.indiana.edu/~ximenes