[PARPORT] parallel port CD-R drives

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:29:38 -0400 (EDT)

I'm ready to take advantage of some brave souls who'd like to be beta
testers for the PARIDE pg driver for parallel port ATAPI CD-R drives.

The main products in this category are the HP 7100 and 7200 drives,
although I am aware of other less popular devices.

If you have one of the HP 7xx0 drives - and don't mind wasting some
time and some CD-R blanks, please step forward ! If you have a
different parallel port ATAPI CD-R device, we should try to test it as
well. (This is not a driver for parallel port SCSI CD-R drives, however.)

You need to have 2.1.103 or later, and Joerg Schilling's cdrecord v1.6.

I will provide the source file for the pg driver, which you can build
as a loadable module, and a patch to cdrecord.