[PARPORT] Re: Patch in 2.1.105

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:03:19 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> reboot). We should read the ECP specs to know that, but sure it' s simpler
> and safer initiazlize the ECP as your patch if reversed ;-) does.

Er.. it's your patch, I think. ;-) I just pasted it in from what I read
in patch-2.1.105.

> I added some checks and a comment to your patch, also why to initialize
> the ECR to 0xc and not to 0x0?

I spoke to David about the "most sane" thing to write to ECR, given that
there might not be one there at all, and 0xc seemed the best choice.

However, as we're writing 0xc to CTR immediately afterwards it doesn't
matter if ECR aliases to CTR, so yes, possibly zero is better.

David, any comments?