[PARPORT] Re: lp speed next check (fwd)

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:45:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

>Here are the results of that test you asked for.

Hug, they are not very good ;-). At least the CPU usage should be minor.

Some time ago I had an HD that goes very faster with dma disabled
(according to hdparm -t) but the overall performances was highter with dma
enabled since even if the raw disk throughtput was lower, the CPU was more
free (I _hope_ that this will apply also to the current interrupt lp ;-).

>Tim. */

Andrea[s] Arcangeli