[PARPORT] ftape status, Iomega ditto progress

Claus-Justus Heine (claus@momo.math.rwth-aachen.de)
05 Jul 1998 12:44:34 +0200

I'm able to read and write to and from the drive.

I'm still fighting with the CRC sums that are generated after each
data transfer. It seems that the parport tape drives garbles the CRC
sum when it feads its FDC with data. Maybe this is also related to the
ECC coprocessor.

However, the data itself isn't garbled, I can read it back and compare
it with the original data and it hasn't been messed up. So far so good.

I think I'm really close to a working driver. I'm leaving today to
stay in another town for a week. I think a more or less working driver
for those parallel port floppy tape drives will appear by the end of
July.

Regards

Claus

--