[PARPORT] CDROM and HDD both on a single EPAT chip

Gerd Hoenninger (ghoennin@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:56:44 +0200 (METDST)

Hi!
I currently have DOS and Win95 installed on my Compaq Armada notebook. I
have an external ATAPI CDROM and a Western Digital (Caviar34300) harddrive
connected to the parallel port using a Shuttle EPAT/EPEZ adapter. It was
originally intended for use with the CDROM only but I plugged in a twin
IDE cable and set up the HDD as master and the CDROM as slave. The
configuration sort of works under DOS...
Now I'm trying to install Linux on my system and was wondering if there's
support for two devices on a single adapter chip.
Has anyone tried this before or is there any problem at all?
Looking forward to an answer,

Gerd