Re: [PARPORT] HP Surestore 7110E

grant@torque.net
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 07:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

> I am sure you have all heard this a million times, but I am having
> difficulties getting xcdroast to recognize my HP SureStore 7110E.

Actually, I think this is the first time this has come up here. That could
be because this is not a parport issue at all :-(

> I have followed all of the instruction on the linux PARIDE pages.

http://www.torque.net/parport/cdr.html talks about cdrecord, it doesn't
mention xcdroast. It was my understanding that xcdroast is an X shell
around mkisofs and cdrecord - am I wrong ?

> I am able to mount CD's via the drive, but the only device that the scsi
> emulation notices is the standard CDrom drive I have in the same
> computer.

"scsi emulation" refers to the technology used by the standard SCSI layer
to access internal ATAPI devices. Parallel port devices do not use this
layer, instead the 'pg' driver provides an alternate interface, and the
patches to cdrecord adapt it to use the new driver.

So, please investigate whether cdrecord works as advertised.

Then, make sure that xcdroast is using the correct version of cdrecord.