Re: [PARPORT] lp locks with three devs on parport

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:09:25 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

> I'm not sure whether correcting that will solve all the problems
> though, there may still be a race condition lurking. I'll need to
> look more at it.

More information: I got /proc to tell me a bit about the queues, and here
are the before-and-after snapshots:

Before (everything is okay):
Devices: ppuser0 (waiting=3), +ppa (waiting=0), lp (waiting=0)
Wait-queue: ppuser0 (waiting=3)

After (doesn't look so good):
Devices: ppuser0 (waiting=3), +ppa (waiting=0), lp (waiting=3)
Wait-queue: lp (waiting=3)

At this point, I can stop ppa and lp, and the situation is that ppuser0
has waiting=3, but the wait-queue is empty.