Re: [PARPORT] lp locks with three devs on parport

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:55:14 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, David Campbell wrote:

> Tim's results indicate that ppa is a common element between all cases. I
> need to check the parport implementation in ppa since there is a code
> fragment which checks for "an unplugged cable" senario.

Only because the problem report indicated that you need about three
devices to trigger the problem. I was using all of the ones I had
available: ppa, lp, and 'ppuser'.

Feel free to check the ppa driver (it can't hurt!), but the sharing
code shouldn't allow a device to think it's waiting when it isn't
on the waiting queue.

(Incidentally, the waiting queue is new since parport_claim_or_block.)