[PARPORT] Copying to Syquest problem

alexb@idworld.net
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:11:18 -0500 (CDT)

I dont know if its just my setup....but here it goes..
(Linux 2.0.34 kernel, KDE WM)...

When I try to 'cp' files to my syquest (mounted via 'mount -t vfat /dev/eza /mnt
/syquest')
it takes forever...for example..I'm trying to back up about 10 megs worth of fil
es...the first
one goes ok ..(about 700k), then the next one starts going..and my system (looki
ng at Loadmeter)
looks like its working pretty hard to copy..it (loadmeter), looks like if my CPU
 is maxed out,
and if I just let it copy, it goes on and on and on...

Any clues as to why this isnt working correctly? (reads work fine)

Thanks for the help..

Alex