Re: [PARPORT] at boot... printer goes crazy

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangel@cs.unibo.it)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:59:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 grant@torque.net wrote:

> > OK. Just to be sure remove every parade driver from your kernel and be
> > sure to remove it also from the filesystem
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> Andrea, PARIDE is not a virus - what is this all about ?

;-), to get rid of /etc/modules or kmod. This problem sound strange to me
so I want to be sure what is causing it before look in the wrong place.

> > Compile in the kernel _only_ the parport and
> > parport_pc support. Then boot with `linux emergency' and check if it will
> > print garbage (and maybe send us the dmesg output after the boot).
>
> I believe Pat already reported that this worked just fine.

There was not enough info to detect for sure which is the problem (or I
read not very well its email last night ;-). He claim an lp bug at
initialization but this sound strange to me (maybe I am missing an outb
;-). There' s only the reboot option that run at init time (if I remeber
well) but it should not cause probelm to a printer...

Andrea[s] Arcangeli