Re: [PARPORT] at boot... printer goes crazy

grant@torque.net
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:06:21 -0400 (EDT)

> It seems that when paride... epat... and pd are compiled into the
> kernel... the printer will start to print garbage... so it could be around
> the time that the parallel port is probed... in connection with paride...
> epat... and pd... or one of those...

PLEASE !

Show us the result of booting such a kernel with paride compiled in
and pd.disable=1 on the boot command. You asserted that this makes no
difference, but we don't know if you actually disabled the driver or not.
Only the dmesg output will confirm that.