Re: [PARPORT] BackPack Cdrom Woes.

grant@torque.net
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 06:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

> I looked through the list of supported cdroms and noted them down. After
> visiting the shop, I saw the Backpack cdrom drive and bought it. It
> didnt work.

We'll need a bit more information:

        (1) what version of PARIDE were you using ?

        (2) please load pcd with the extra option "verbose=1" and
             report the messages that are logged in your system log.
             You can retrieve the most recent of these with the
             'dmesg' command.

> Now, the only thing is, on further reading, I couldnt
> see that the Backpack Bantam cdrom drive is supported (its a nice small
> thing one).

I have had success reports about the Bantam, so I suspect that the problem
is a small one.

Please send me the information above directly and we'll get to work on
this.