Re: [PARPORT] Problem with SparQ drive (external parallel version)

Simon Paradis (sparadis@globetrotter.net)
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:16:17 -0400

>You should check the CMOS settings of your parallel port - it should be
>set to EPP mode, ideally, and ECP mode should be avoided at all cost.
>Are you sure your port is at 0x378 ?

Ok I found the glitch, the port 0x378 was used by the lp driver. I compiled
the lp driver
as module and I'll load it only when needed.

paride: version 1.02 installed
paride: epat registered as protocol 0
pd: pd version 1.03s, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pda: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 1 (5/3), delay 1
pda: SyQuest SparQ, master, 1960560 blocks [957M], (1945/16/63), removable media
 pda: pda1

Ok it works correctly. I think my port is not set to EPP right (mode 1 5/3).
I don't
have any setting in my BIOS for EPP stuff but the little manual of my controller
says it's EPP. There may be a jumper or something. I remember seeing a Linux
program
to set to port to EPP.

Now it works

Thanks,

Simon Paradis | Net Timer Pro developer
sparadis@globetrotter.net| http://ntp.home.ml.org
ICQ: 9915264 | "When all else fail, use a big hammer"