Re: [PARPORT] parallel port mode issues

grant@torque.net
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

> It's on the PCI controller which has 2 ide port (pio mode 3), 1 game port, 2
> serial port with 16550 UARTs

Do you mean PCI controller ? Later you mention VLB ????

> Here what the doc (can we call a single piece of paper a doc ? :) says:
>
> (looks like "Noname SuperCrap stuff" IMO)

Nope. The SMC is a well known chip - I just don't have one so I've
never been able to crack its idiosyncrasies. There are others on this
list who have worked on it, though, perhaps someone has a working tool
to switch modes for you.

It's about time for us to start a project to collect together all the
port-specific secrets and incorporate them into the PARPORT facility.

> LPT = 0378, C0 00 FF 00 00
> Bidirectional
> ECR Detected, 35 10 40 E0 00 C0 00 C0 00 Bidirectional
> Chipset : SMC FDC37C666GT
> Setting : EPP, Passed
> Mode : EPP

If nobody comes forward, get back to me personally, and we can work out
how to get your chip to go into EPP mode. The first step will be to get
DOSemu 0.66.7 up and running on your system.