Re: [PARPORT] HP 7110e cd writing.

grant@torque.net
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:38:59 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi, i was just wondering what exactly i need to start burning
> cd's. I compiled 2.0.35 and have the pg driver working and i just want to
> make sure everything is set up correctly before i start wasting disks.
>
> Here is the output of the paride drivers:
>
> paride: version 1.02 installed
> paride: epat registered as protocol 0
> pg: pg version 1.01s, major 97
> pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 1 (5/3), delay 1
> pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7100, slave

You should begin by checking to see if you have a jumper or CMOS setting
to put your parallel port into EPP mode. You might just manage to burn
a CD in mode 1, but you will certainly need to force the port delay to 0
before it will work. Read the comments at the beginning of pg.c to
see how to set the port delay.

If you can get into EPP mode, you'll be able to burn at 2x speed.

Of course, you also need to get cdrecord 1.6 and the pg patch for it,
before you'll be able to do anything. When you do start experimenting,
make good use of the -dummy switch until you are sure that everything
works.