Re: [PARPORT] HP 7110e cd writing.

grant@torque.net
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 06:11:58 -0400 (EDT)

> ok, i downloaded the new cdrecord, and compiled with with the
> scsi-linux-pg.c (it took quite a bit of makefile hacking to actually get
> this to compile with no errors). I also set EPP support in my CMOS
> (EPP1.9) and some things have changed and cdrecord wont recognize my
> cd-rw.

Did you actually follow all of Joerg's instructions in building the
program ?

There should not be any problems with the makefiles. What errors did you
see ?

> here is the new output:
> pg: pg version 1.01s, major 97
> pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), delay 0
> pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7100, slave
>
> and when i try to do some -dummy tests, i get this....
> scsidev: '0,0'
> scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
> cdrecord: No such device. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'.

Did you remember to make the device nodes ? Theres a script in
the documentation to do that for you - and it's also there in
linux/drivers/block/paride.