Re: [PARPORT] SyQuest SparQ

grant@torque.net
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 07:12:52 -0400 (EDT)

> and i have noticed quite a few people have SparQs...

I'm assuming that you are asking about parallel port SparQs ...

> well i was wondering if anyone was successful at *or know how to* setup
> LinuX RedHat 5x onto a SparQ cartridge... (not jus use it but run off
> of it)... i only have a 1.6gig drive and i wanna run LinuX too...

It is possible to do what you want, but not straightforward. We expect
that the next version of RedHat will include support for installing
from and to PARIDE devices, but for now you would have to hack things
together yourself.

You might not be terribly impressed with the performance of such a
system, so think twice before investing time and energy into this.

> p.S. should emails be in HTML or reg text?? j.w

Standard text - including line breaks ;-)