[PARPORT] Microsolutions Backpack CD-ROM Problems

BARBOSA, Roberto (RBARBOSA@KJS.COM)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:26:00 +0200

Salut to everyone,

I tried to follow the document about "Linux and Parallel port IDE devices"
at www.torque.net
but I was not 100% successful.

I have a IBM Thinkpad 755C and a Backpack CD-ROM (166700 8X) and linux
2.0.29.
I applied the patch on the web site and I recompiled the kernel. After some
struggle
I arrived to a point where at least I get some boot messages, but not good
ones.
Below are the messages that I'm having:

        paride: bpck registered as protocol 0
        pcd: pcd version 1.03s, major 46, nice 0
        pcd0: Autoprobe failed
        pcd: No CDrom drive found

The CD-ROM was all connected to the laptop and powered on.

So what am I missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Roberto Barbosa