Re: [PARPORT] Iomega Parallel Port Tape Backup Units.

Claus-Justus Heine (claus@math1.rwth-aachen.de)
28 Aug 1998 04:24:33 +0200

grant@torque.net writes:

> > I work for Iomega, and have been interested in running my Parallel port
> > 3200 Easy under linux. But, from what I understand, there has only been
> > minimal success in doing this.
>
> Actually, Claus Heine has made considerable progress on this front.
> The latest version of ftape supports (all?) the Ditto family parallel port
> tapes ...
>
> Check out http://www-math.math.rwth-aachen.de/~LBFM/claus/ftape
>
> if you can get there, I can't at the moment :-(

Whoops. I was able to talk to the world all day long. And even
accessed my web page last afternoon. Maybe it was some temporary
network failure. Don't know.

> Claus: would you like me to set up a mirror on torque.net for you ?

Why not? But I'd suggest to wait a day or two. ftape-4.02 will be out
tonight or tomorrow night.

Tim Jones has also placed the tar archives at

        ftp://ftp.estinc.com/pub/linux

but another mirror doesn't hurt. In case you want to mirror the entire
web site then I'll provide a tar ball that contains all of it.

Thanks!

Claus