Re: [PARPORT] Re: L68K: Amiga-Parport-driver

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 17:54:53 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >> I think it' s better to implement it now instead of wait the middle of
> >> 2.2.
> >
> >My opinion, too.
>
> If you want to have a go then feel free; as I said to Andrea, I'd be quite
> happy for the m68k tree to have this change in even if Linus won't eat it
> before 2.2. I wouldn't be keen on putting it into 2.1 at this stage
> without fairly thorough testing, just in case.

Agreed. I'd like to wait until after 2.2 is released, given that
a) it's not actually fixing any bugs, and
b) it doesn't change any interfaces.

People are getting impatient for 2.2 so let's not go changing code that
works just yet.