[PARPORT] parport irq handling

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:29:52 +0200 (CEST)

Ok I implemented the new cleaner and safer parport irq handling code. Is
tested and seems works well here (but I have no SMP machines). Please try
it now (I ask also to Boszormenyi that has a way to try with 3 pardevice
at the same time, please try to run everything irq driven). It would be
better to try it in a SMP machine.

The new irq code is very better because is able to detect irq out of cad
too. It' s very faster when a parport sharing is in progress because it
never run request/free_irq at runtime. It' s simpler and cleaner. Only the
irqhandler latency will be a _bit_ increased due some additional test
against NULL and a function call call but everything will be more robust I
think. BTW, it' s not safe to declare the pardevice irq handlers as
FASTCALL() because gcc fail exactly producing the code to recall pointer
to _fastcall_ function.

You can download the patch at:

ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/parport/parport-arca-2.1.119-2.diff.gz

(or you can follow the links from my new homepage
http://e-mind.com/~andrea/ ;-)

Andrea[s] Arcangeli