Re: [PARPORT] Re: L68K: Amiga-Parport-driver

Joerg Dorchain (dorchain@wirbel.com)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:19:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Andrea Arcangeli writes:

> Prepare you to implement parport_amiga_irqack ;-). BTW, it the name
> parport_irqack name right? That parport lowlevel callback will be recalled
> by the main parport irq handler before run the pardevice irq handler. Is
> this desing OK for you?

Name it as you like, as long as the semantics is well defined.
portport_irqack() is ok. This design makes it possible to support
"exotic" hardware, so it should do it.

But what should this function exactly do? Check if the irq came from the
pport hardware, if so acknowledge it and return 1? What relation does it
have to examine_irq()?

If that is cleared, implementing it is almost a one-liner (as you might
see from the lp_mfc.c code)

Nevertheless, although I could live with it (well, it works), it is not
the most efficient solution. IŽll try to write a bit of code to make my
proposal of having the ll-driver call the hl-function a bit clearer and
wait for the critism what it breaks.

Joerg