Re: [PARPORT] Windows parallel scanner Microtek Phantom 4800

grant@torque.net
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 17:27:16 -0400 (EDT)

> Can anybody give me some advice for using the above parallelport (EPP)
> scanner?
> Under win***95 it works pretty well and the EPP port is called a kind of
> SCSI device although my whole machine works on IDE.
> Can I use "sane" without SCSI? Or can I use parport in any way?

It seems that the Microtek PP scanners use the OnSpec 90c26 parallel port
adapter configured as a SCSI controller. I am currently working on
this adapter (as time permits). I can't make any promises about
when a driver might be available.

Once the driver is ready, you should be able to use SANE or any other
software that works through the Linux generic SCSI driver (sg).

Stay tuned for announcements.