Re: [PARPORT] PE Logic SCSI-Link 1

grant@torque.net
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:22:00 -0400 (EDT)

> The reason I have subscribed to this net is to see if I can get info on
> how to connect my CD ROM via the above device.

The device you have is an old adapter made by Winbond in Taiwan. It was
also marketed by LinkSys as the "ParaScsi" adapter. Some work was done
on it a year or so back by a person on this list. I've lost track of
the state of the project - as my own SCSI efforts were on hold for over
a year.

The protocol is similar to one used by the KingByte parallel port IDE
adapters.

> I am very new to Iinux - I installed a Red Hat 5.0 distribution but
> cannot get the CD ROM recognized.

I don't think it would be wise to expect a driver for this device.

Perhaps if we get a good flexible framework in place, it will be easier
to support custom drivers for such devices.