[PARPORT] Re: ftp for linux on zip?

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:27:11 +0800

From: "Scott R. Bechtel" <sbechtel@top.net>
To: <campbell@gear.torque.net>
Subject: ftp for linux on zip?
Date sent: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 22:04:08 -0500

> I was wondering if you have a working version of linux ready for zip on a
> ftp site someplace? I don't have linux up on my system and I'm scared to
> mess with what I do have running. :)
>
> Thank you for any guidence you can suggest.
>
> Sincerely,
> Scott R. Bechtel

Hmm... (post to linux-parport mailing list)

I remember reading in Sept APC mag (Australian Personal Computer) that there
are a couple of distributions which fit a working Linux system a ZIP cartridge.
I don't have the article handy to quote which distributions were listed (there were
two or three, at least one based on Slackware).

Has anyone had any experience with these "mini" distributions?
Any recommendations?

David Campbell

PS: The qboot_zip.sh is designed to be run from Linux. This will be a little
hard to do unless you have a Linux system running on something other than
a ZIP disk.

PPS: I will grab the article tonight and mail Scott the relevant links.