Re: [PARPORT] Pararel LS-120

grant@torque.net
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:36:57 -0400 (EDT)

> I've a RH5.1 with 2.0.35 kernel. I've been trying to access my
> pararel LS-120, and it hasn't been successful. I read the page about
> Linux and parport IDE devices page, and it says that Linux 2.0.35
> kernel has PARIDE retrofitted to it. So, how do I actually use it?

The paride home page has detailed instructions about how to use the
drivers - which can also be found in the Documentation directory of the
2.0.35 kernel - look for paride.txt.

If you've been having specific problems, please contact me with the
details.

Please note, that the only PP LS-120 that I know to have been tested is
the Imation SuperDrive. There are other products on the market now,
some of which use different adapters.

> I also have an Epson printer on the same port. What do I have to do so
> that I can use (or not screw up) my printer ? Is there a problem that
> I should expect?

With 2.0 kernels you cannot use both printer and LS-120 at the same time.