AW: [PARPORT] CD-R X-windows app

Achim Beisiegel (Achim.Beisiegel@rhein-main.netsurf.de)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:40:37 +0100

Hello Peter,

I am having the same problem as you, a HP7200e CD-Burner.
I up to now I managed it to use the pcd-driver to read at least CDs. It works fine.
What I know about the usage of the pg-driver in order to burn CDs is, that only cdroast-1.6 works with it. But this is not a X Window program. And I do not know to use it.
I you should now somthing more about a X Window program, could you please let me know about it?

Thanks

Achim Beisiegel

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Peter Rodriguez [SMTP:peter.rodriguez@ec.gc.ca]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 15. September 1998 00:40
An: linux-parport@torque.net
Betreff: [PARPORT] CD-R X-windows app

Hi,

I've managed via modules to recognize an HP7200e CD-burner under RH5.0 kernel
2.0.35. Pretty straight forward.

I then installed the lastest version of XCDRoast on the advice of a collegue.
Unfortunately, XCDRoast doesn't seem to find the parallel port burner, it
seems to explicitly look for IDE and SCSI. Is there some underlying support
file I have to hack to fool it to use PARIDE? Or can someone suggest I better
X windows CD-burning application.

Thanks in advance, Peter

Peter Rodriguez                 E-mail: Peter.Rodriguez@ec.gc.ca
Scientific Contractor            Phone: (905) 833-3905 Ext 269
Environment Canada                 Fax: (905) 833-0398
Meteorological Research Branch
Cloud Physics Research Division (ARMP)
King Weather Radar Station
14780 Jane Street
King City, Ontario, L7B 1A3                    Yadda Yadda Yadda