Re: AW: [PARPORT] CD-R X-windows app

grant@torque.net
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

> I am having the same problem as you, a HP7200e CD-Burner.
> I up to now I managed it to use the pcd-driver to read at least CDs.
> It works fine. What I know about the usage of the pg-driver in order
> to burn CDs is, that only cdroast-1.6 works with it.

Actually, that's _cdrecord_ not cdroast.

> But this is not a X Window program. And I do not know to use it.

It comes with man pages, a HOWTO, web page support, a mailing list, and
all the rest of the trappings that you might want.

> I you should now somthing more about a X Window program, could you i
> please let me know about it?

Join the cdwriters mailing list. The author of XCDRoast has declared it
to be obsolete. He plans to write a replacement - now's the time to
express your needs, and perhaps to help ;-)