Re: [PARPORT] ZIP - bad partition?

PaleBlue (ej41169@goodnet.com)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:36:48 -0700 (MST)

I was wondering if it could be the parallel port. The box I'm trying
get the zip to work with is an old 486/sx 25MHz. I put Slackware on
my laptop and it accessed the zip drive fine. The ppa I'm using is
the one in kernel 2.0.35. Do you think this could be corrected by
changing the defaults used by ppa? Since this is compiled into my
current kernel I'm assuming I'd have to recompile ppa and rebuild the
kernel correct?

Thanks for the great insight!

-Zeph