[PARPORT] Backpack PD

Jan-Olov Larsson (Jan-Olov.Larsson@kbh.ki.se)
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 11:01:45 +0100

Could someone help a inexperienced Linu-user with this:

I am trying to get my MicroSolutions Backpack PD/CD to function with my
Linux Redhat 5.1 Intel computer.
When I insmod "paride" and then "bp" and at last "pd" my backpack seems to
be "autoprobed" and this message follows:
"pda: bp 0,94, backpack 17303766 unit 66 at 0x378 using mode 4 (EPP-32)
pd: no valid drive found"

What shall I do next? How can I mount the PD-drive?
I someone could help me with this I would be very grateful!

Jan-Olov Larsson
Karolinska Institutet
Dept of Women and Child Health
Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Unit