[PARPORT] EPST Scanner with EPST Driver

Webmaster Jeff Maki (webmaster@surmount.com)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 17:43:11 -0400

Hi!!

Here's my problem: I've got an EPST scanner (HP ScanJet 5100 Cse), and I downloaded
your EPST driver from the website. I compiled it successfully, but when I try to use
it with sane, I get the following errors:

With out printer attached:

Linux_Box:/usr/src/linux# rmmod epst
scsi : 1 host.
Linux_Box:/usr/src/linux# modprobe epst
scsi2 : epst driver version 0.01 using mode 2 on port 0x378.
scsi : 2 hosts.
  Vendor: HP Model: C5190A Rev: 3740
  Type: Processor ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sgb at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Linux_Box:/usr/src/linux# scanimage
epst: timeout, phase = 2, [4]= 68, [5]= 1c
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)

Scanimage Error with Printer Attached:

Linux_Box:~# scanimage
epst: select failure (2)
epst: select failure (2)
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
Linux_Box:~#

/proc/scsi/scsi file:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 100 Rev: D.09
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP Model: C5190A Rev: 3740
  Type: Processor ANSI SCSI revision: 02

PS: My parallel port is in PS/2 Mode.

Thank You VERY much for any help. I really need my scanner to work, so I have to use
Windows NT.
Believe me, I'd love to use Linux instead! So if you could help me out, I'd be
*really* greatful! Thanks!