[PARPORT] The simplest of all FAQs

Ben Dorman (ben.dorman@home.com)
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 23:05:05 -0400

Is there an FAQ for this list?

 I imagine my problem has been encountered before.

I have a Cyrix PR233 processor running a newly installed kernel
2.0.35.
I have a Syquest SparQ drive. which should work with paride/epat/pd.

I have built paride in module form, but this is what I get when I try
to load the modules (from dmesg)

paride: version 1.02 installed
paride: epat registered as protocol 0
pd: pd version 1.03s, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pda: Adapter not found
pd: no valid drive found

My printer works, and /proc/ioports is of zero size.

I've also tried explicitly giving a port address, like

insmod pd drive0=0x378,1 verbose=1

(my pport is at 0x378 according to the bios)

but no good.

However, the curious thing is that at work I have a PII -400MHz machine

(A Gateway 2000), on which paride *does* work using exactly the same
commands.

So, anything I should try next?

Ben