[PARPORT] Re: ppa and Red Hat Rawhide 1.1.0-1

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:27:55 +0800

To: David Campbell <Campbell@torque.net>
Subject: ppa and Red Hat Rawhide 1.1.0-1
From: Christian Joensson FOA 72 <chj@lin.foa.se>
Date sent: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:12:16 +0200

> I'm experimenting with Red Hat's Raw Hide releases, They've just gotten to a
> 2.1 kernel, i.e., 2.1.123. That's fine, but now I start to wonder how do I get
> the ppa working once again.
>
> The (relevant) output of dmesg is:
>
> ppa: Version 2.01
> ppa: parport reports no devices.
> scsi : 0 hosts.

That message SHOULD read:
"ppa: parport reports no parallel ports (try insmod parport_pc)".

Will patch the above into parport-scsi which I am *almost* finished.

This will replace the existing ppa and imm drivers in 2.3.x, current status:
a) imm coded & stress tested
b) ppa coded but not tested (should be tested by tonight)
c) t348 partially coded (*)
d) t358 have not even looked at yet (*)

David Campbell

PS: (*) The Trantor devices I will rely on other people testing since I do not
have access to one.
campbell@torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (documentation needed)
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers
c) Start on ParSCSI drivers (75% complete)

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome