Re: [PARPORT] Microsolutions Backpack 800TD

grant@torque.net
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:27:08 -0400 (EDT)

> I have a Microsolutions backpack 800td tape drive that I am trying to get
> to work. I installed the paride patch to a 2.0.33 kernel and compiled and
> everything in this regard seems to have gone fine. I 'insmod paride' and
> 'insmod bpck' and they both work fine with the follwoing console messages:

You are heading in the wrong direction. I missed it in my public response
to the previous mail, as well. The 800td is a FLOPPY TAPE drive, identical
to the Iomega Ditto drive, in fact. As such, it is supported by the latest
versions of the ftape drivers. It is not an ATAPI tape, so it will not
work with PARIDE.

Check out http://www.torque.net/ftape/