[PARPORT] Can I...

Keith Baker (kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:38:41 -0400

I have a small Parallel port -> DMX (A stage lighting protocol) converter. I would like to write software for it under linux. I need to be able to read and write to the || port pins... I think the paper out pin for example. I guess if I understand correctly root could do this with a simple write to that io address... But I want to be able to run it as an ordinary user... How would I go about it?
Keith Baker kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu
Theatre Production Arts http://www.ampere.ml.org
Ithaca College (607) 375-5720