[PARPORT] Writing cd's to HP 7200E

Mark Wormgoor (riddles@ipe.nl)
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:01:10 +0100

Hi,

with this drive (HP7200E) I have the following problem and can't
seem to get it to work. First of all, it's detected fine and I
can mount the cd as a regular cd-rom. So, the drive works and
is connected just fine.

However, whenever I try to use cdrecord, I get either:
 ./cdrecord: No target found.
when I try: ./cdrecord -scanbus
or:
 scsidev: '0,0'
 scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
 ./cdrecord: Operation not supported by device. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'.
when I try: ./cdrecord -v -dummy speed=1 dev=0,0 /tmp/cdimage.iso
When I start, it does detect the HP7200E as pg0!
pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7200, slave
What am I doing wrong here?
I set the delay to 0 (which shouldn't make a difference, except for speed).
I enabled IDE-SCSI emulation.
I disabled the internal cd-rom, which is not detected.
Other hardware: IDE harddisk only.

BTW, I tried this with both 2.0.35 and 2.1.125....
     and both cdrecord-1.6 with scsi-linux-pg.c and cd-record-1.6.1

Any help would really be appreciated since I haven't got a clue what else
to try. I have read the pages on torque.net and done everything it says
(at least, I think :)))

Kind regards,

        Mark Wormgoor