Re: [PARPORT] SparQ 1GB init with kernel 125

grant@torque.net
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:26:07 -0400 (EDT)

> Used to work with the SparQ with the 117 kernel with no problems but
> eversince I upgrade to the 125 kernel can't seem to access the device.
> The messages returned from the relevant drivers :
>
> parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
> parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
> paride: epat registered as protocol 0
> pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
> pda: Autoprobe failed
> pd: no valid drive found

Please load the driver as a module with the "verbose=1" option, so we
can see the full set of kernel messages.

> I don't have lp configured on the parport.

But is something automatically loading the lp module ? or PLIP or any
other parport driver ?

Please show us /proc/ioports .