Re: [PARPORT] I'm New, trouble with ecp hardware

Uwe Klein (uwe.klein@flensburg.netsurf.de)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:52:18 +0100

Hi,

>The parport driver does not currently support ECP mode,
right

well, i thought to take my read/write functions and drop them into
parport, but alas i've got to get it running first.

when i write into the ecpDfifo while the DMA is waiting, it takes the
bytes allright, but they are all 0xff in the DMA Buffer, so it seems
that the chip is in some part still thinking its in forward mode!?

Spectrometer:
it's a Chirp Transform Spectrometer ( Analog Fourier Transform and
Digital Accumulation 180MS continuous, 2x4k chanels calc
(a-aoffs)^2+(b-boffs)^2 and accumulate for ~10e4..6) with a submm
frontend and its supposed to fly on a satellite in a couple of years
measuring gascomposition of a comet.

G!
UK

--