[PARPORT] Instaling PARIDE drivers for HP 7200e

Ramiro Alba Queipo (ramiro@labtie.mmt.upc.es)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:12:45 +0100

Hello everyone:

I am trying to install the PARIDE drivers so as to use the CD recorder
HP 7200e by
compiling the kernel 2.0.35. Once the modules are compiled and
installed, and the
new kernel is booted, I execute the command:

modprobe pcd

then I have the following message:

/lib/modules/2.0.34/misc/pcd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

If I check the kernel messages with dmesg, I can see:

paride: version 1.02 installed
pcd: pcd version 1.03s, major 46, nice 0
pcd0: Autoprobe failed
pcd: No CDrom drive found

I have no other device connected to the parallel port(confired at the
BIOS for EPP), and even
I deactivate the lpd daemon.

The results are similar the pg driver.

I also tried to compiled the drivers inside the kernel, and when booting
it says:

pcd: pcd version 1.03s, major 46, nice 0
pcd0: Autoprobe failed
pcd: No CDrom drive found
pg: pg version 1.01s, major 97
pg0: Autoprobe failed
pg: No ATAPI device detected

The same recorder works fine under Windows NT in the same PC.

Has anyone an idea of what my problem is?

Thanks in advance

Regards

--
Ramiro Alba
Laboratori de Termotecnia i Energetica

Departament de Maquines i Motors Termics ETS d'Enginyers Industrials de Terrassa

C/Colom 11

Tf: 34 - 93 739 82 43 Fax: 34 - 93 739 81 01

e-mail: ramiro@labtie.mmt.upc.es