[PARPORT] Multiple archives on ATAPI tape?

massato@panix.com
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:18:41 -0500

I just recently bought an HP Colorado 8gb parallel port tape drive and
have gotten it working with linux. I'm using the paride, epat and pt
(ATAPI tape) modules.

Is there any way to get multiple archives on a single tape? I took a
look at the pt.c code and it seems like the only thing supported for the
mt command is rewind. Would I have any better luck using ftape?

Also, I couldn't get my tape drive to work with an old 486 but it works
with a newer computer. I'm wondering if the parallel port on the 486
is the culprit. Do I have to use a newer parallel port (ECP/EPP) for
paride?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.