[PARPORT] Scanner question

Justin Young (justiny@newsguy.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 12:02:29 -0800

I apologize if this is an FAQ. I'm new to the list and didn't see it
mentioned on the Linux PPHP.

Is anyone working on (or maybe has completed) a way to handle parallel
port scanners? I'm probably missing something. However, it seems silly
to ignore the fact that these things can be had for less than $30
sometimes and produce pictures almost or sometimes equal to that of the
more expensive SCSI scanners. (Granted, your computer locks up while
it's in use. However, that's a small price!)

Thanks in advance.

--Justin