[PARPORT] patch and RedHat

Daniele Arosio (arosio@biochem.wustl.edu)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:03:16 -0600 (CST)

I was trying to get HP7200e working under Linux.
Since I needed to use kernel 2.0.35 and I got installed the 2.0.34 I
applied the patch-2.0.35.gz in the /usr/src of a RedHat 5.1 distribution.
The patch program stopped with same error (cause was not able to find
same file in the dierctory tree).
Starting from scratch with a slackware 3.5 distribution everything worked
fine and I am now using my HP CD-RW trough PARIDE system.
I am left with a curiosity: Does anybody know whether the RedHat is not
upgradable using the patch files?

Sorry incase this wasn't the proper mail list.
thanks in advance, daniele