Re: [PARPORT] HP7200e on parallel port via PARIDE: data flow interruption

grant@torque.net
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:06:30 -0500 (EST)

> Michel G. Breitfellner, ESA/VILSPA, SAI, Tel.+34 1 8131318 <mbreitfe@iso.vilspa.esa.es> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately I still cannot force the delay to 0 and every intent to write a
> > cd still terminates with the same error (see below). What I'm doing wrong?
>
> Why not? Read the comments in /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/paride/pg.c.
>
> Basically, the syntax is:
>
> insmod pg drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,-1,0

Actually, there's been a long correspondence back and forth with Michel,
but his mailer is severely broken and most of his mail doesn't make it
to this list.

The bottom line is that he has an oddball parallel port that won't work
with a delay of 0 and seems to have only PS/2 and ECP modes. We're
trying to see if MSI's testport utility can reprogram the port into
a more useful mode.