Re: [PARPORT] HP7200e on parallel port via PARIDE: data flow interruption

Jonathan Buzzard (jab@hex.prestel.co.uk)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 01:29:00 +0000

grant@torque.net said:
> The bottom line is that he has an oddball parallel port that won't
> work with a delay of 0 and seems to have only PS/2 and ECP modes.
> We're trying to see if MSI's testport utility can reprogram the port
> into a more useful mode.

Grant that oddball parallel port is in every Pentium laptop made by Toshiba
(with the possible exception of the T4900). Yep that includes all
Satelite's, Satellite Pro's, Portages, Tecra's and now Libretto's.

That accounts for about 1/4 to 1/3 off all Pentium laptop's in existance.
If you let me into some of the results or even let me know where I can
get MSI's testport utility, I will write a web page detailing how to
deal with the Toshiba laptops parallel port and add it to my collection
of Toshiba pages. I have just packed up three machines to send back to
Toshiba, but they should be sending me three more, so I will have plenty
of laptops to test on.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jab@hex.prestel.co.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195