Re: [PARPORT] IEEE1284 interface (and 1284.3)

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 12:44:27 +0100

Tim Waugh wrote:

> It just says:
>
> channelAddress - ECP channel number or EPP address. ECP Addresses are in
> a range of 0 to 127. EPP addresses fall in the range 0 to 255.

Ah ok. And then I can call for example
parport_ieee1284_write(dev, 0, ECP, x, y, NULL) several
times if I want several writes to the address channel with
no intervening data writes? I.e. we don't do anything clever
(other than switching direction) in the parport driver?

And we keep the old epp interface in order to perform epp address
reads?

Tom