RE: [PARPORT] IEEE1284 interface (and 1284.3)

Tim Waugh (twaugh@matra.co.uk)
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:41:41 -0000

> Tim Waugh wrote:
>
> > It just says:
> >
> > channelAddress - ECP channel number or EPP address. ECP Addresses are
in
> > a range of 0 to 127. EPP addresses fall in the range 0 to 255.
>
> Ah ok. And then I can call for example
> parport_ieee1284_write(dev, 0, ECP, x, y, NULL) several
> times if I want several writes to the address channel with
> no intervening data writes? I.e. we don't do anything clever
> (other than switching direction) in the parport driver?

That sounds sensible to me, yes.

> And we keep the old epp interface in order to perform epp address
> reads?

Yes - the port->ops structure isn't going away.

twaugh@matra.co.uk     MATRA Systems (UK) Ltd., Home Farm, Leigh Road,
                       Eastleigh, SO50 9EU  Registered in Cardiff 2642797