Re: [PARPORT] Correct commands for BackPack CD-ROM

grant@torque.net
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:25:36 -0500 (EST)

> I am using a BackPack CD-ROM Model 166550, SN: 17180214, parallel port
> address 03BC. Would the following be the correct commands and sequence to
> access the CD-ROM?
>
> 1. insmod paride
> 2. insmod bpck
> 3. insmod pcd drive0=0x3bc,0,14

You _should_ be able to just do

        insmod pcd

in step 3. Since you are asking the question, I'm guessing that
something doesn't work. In that case, please do

        insmod pcd verbose=1

and then extract all relevant messages from 'dmesg' and send them to
me. (The list doesn't need to watch us debug your setup.)

> (Do I need to cread the device "special files" at this point?)

In an earlier mail, I think you said you were using RedHat 5.2. If so,
you don't need to make any device nodes.

> 4. mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt/cdrom

If the module loaded, this should work.